Software Suite for
Durability, Damage Tolerance, and Life Prediction
Augments FEA Solvers MSC Nastran*, ABAQUS, ANSYS & LS-DYNA
* Best Performance and Verified Solutions with MSC Nastran
This Week's Feature Composite Example
GENOA 4.3 Release Now Available
The latest 4.3 release contains significant improvements in its popular Progressive Failure Analysis (PFA) module and translation support for NASTRAN, ABAQUS and ANSYS. Included in this release are 50 Step-by-Step Tutorial examples that fulfill a diverse range of applications and engineering needs.
4.3 also features the new A- & B- Basis Allowable module which may be viewed through GENOA's Web Demo. Users who are interested in applying their own data in this module may try GENOA through the on-line CVT web service for 3 free months. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
GENOA is an engineering software suite that augments commercial Finite
Element Analysis (FEA) packages by providing Progressive Failure Analysis
(PFA) capability. It can investigate structural responses to material
degradation from damage induced by static, cyclic (low and high cycle
fatigue), impact, Power Spectrum Density (PSD) and thermal loading.
List of Significant Features and Updates
In response to the requests of our existing and potential customers, the following new features and improvements have been made in GENOA 4.3:
- A- & B-Basis Allowables
- Elliptic dome shapes
- Strain Gage feature extended to both element- and node-based FE models
- Thermal databank
- Low and high fidelity filament winding optimization
- Design envelope for Damage Plies % vs. Loading
- Archived databank of 100+ materials
- Results Model panel displays the FE model volume, weight and current iteration number next to GENOA logo
- Importing of external models into Filament Winding module is made easier
- Fixed concerns of numerical translation problems in Element Material Coordinate card due to Regional Settings Differences (GUI)
- Windows VISTA support (Environment variables adjusted)
- Improved table editing fields in all tables
- Strain Gauge added for Stress and Strain panels (including Ply Stress and Strain panels)
- Added the out-of-plane ply properties entry fields
- NASTRAN Element 35 (C-Gap element) added to GUI
- Offset feature for shell elements added for both NASTRAN and ABAQUS
- Extended PFA's capability to account for Virtual Crack Closure Technique (VCCT) analysis when mixed ply properties are used
- Added *INCLUDE keyword to write user additional keywords for FE solvers used in GENOA
- Added material definition for temperature variations
- Evaluate inter-lamina strength for Ply Option
- Added out-of-plane material properties
entries for ply properties in material databank file
Did You Know?
Trying GENOA with Your Own Models
Alpha Star Corporation's Collaborative Virtual Testing (CVT) is a web service that runs GENOA through the Internet. If you are interested in trying GENOA for free through the web with your own models, please contact Alpha Star Corporation for a free trial. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.